Mortgage Decreasing Term Assurance is designed to help protect a repayment mortgage, so the amount of cover reduces roughly in line with the way a repayment mortgage decreases.
Mortgage Decreasing Term Assurance at a glance:
* Pays out a cash sum if you die during the length of the policy.
Not sure which type of policy is right for you? Call us today to discuss your options on 0800 098 7050.
Important things you need to know:
* This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made.
* You may want to check that the length of the policy is long enough to cover the duration of your mortgage term.
* If you choose decreasing cover there are some circumstances when the cash sum we pay out might not be enough to pay off your mortgage in full. For example, if you make changes to your mortgage or your mortgage interest rate averages over 10% during the length of your policy.
* Please read Legal & General’s Mortgage and Family Protection Key Features (PDF: 138KB)